Monday, December 15, 2008

Monday Oh Monday

Another Monday, what can I say? It was so cold this morning you could hardly take a breath. I grew up in Colorado, lived here from birth to 23, moved away for 15 years, and have been back 9 years and I have to say of the 30+ years I've known this state, I've never known such bitter cold! It was 11 below zero at 7:30 this morning. Temperatures like that in places like this are just not natural.

I think the cold air froze a lot of brain cells this morning - unbelievable the way some folks were out there racing around in their vehicles. My motto: The point is to get where you're going safe and unharmed, too bad if you're late :) So The Diva got to school 10 minutes late but she was in one piece. As for The Kid, poor child had to wait in the cold for the school bus. I took pity and picked her up from school as it was a whopping ZERO degrees at 3:30 and I couldn't bear the thought of her little feet-- well, ok, not actually "little" -- crunching through the icy snow.

Now we're tucked inside fairly warm and feeling pretty lazy. Subzero temps are not motivating and all I want to do is put on a lot of flannel and burrow into a heap of blankets!

We're going to pig out on decadent baked macaroni-and-cheese. Unfortunately, it's a throw-together-never-exactly-the-same kind of meal so I don't have a real recipe, but if it sounds inticing, try this: 1 pound pasta (tonight I used medium shells), 1/2 cup margarine, 1 cup cottage cheese and then all the extra cheese you have lounging around the fridge LOL Tonight mine is about 1-1/2 cups medium cheddar, 1/2 cup shredded parmesan, 3 slices provolone torn up and placed on top, and sprinkled with about 1 cup of "Fiesta Blend" shredded cheese mix. Mix it all up and put it in a 9x12 pan (sprayed with PAM), cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Guilty pleasure :)

No comments: