Friday, February 27, 2009

Yes!! It's Friday!!

I think I'm finally getting over the respiratory yuck, just a lingering cough now, although it feels as if I will cough up a lung at any moment (a la Ferris Buehler)! Needless to say, I didn't make any progress on my big Spring Cleaning plan but there's always next week, right?

I am working on a new plan with Britni to help her get organized and focused. We chose one area per week to work on every day for that week. This past week it was keeping her school papers in her binder, not wrinkled up and shoved into the bottom of her backpack and randomly left in a textbook. We started by culling her binder of last semester's papers and put those into a folder for use studying for finals at the end of the year. Then we put reinforcements on her divider tabs so they were actually IN the binder and not hanging out all over the place! She has done really well keeping her papers neat and remembering to take - literally - one minute to put her papers in order before moving on to the next class. She was even able to move from a backpack to a shoulder tote for school, and she is really happy about that!

Sami finishes up this block in 2 weeks, then has 2 weeks off. Her mid-term progress report was great and she seems to be in a good, healthy routine now. Today she had a field trip to the Contemporary Art Museum and really enjoyed that, so much so that she wants to go back next weekend and really spend some time enjoying the art. Yay!

I'm going to try to get back into the Spring Fling this weekend. I'll post my progress - I'm *sure* there will be some lol

xoxo

No comments: