Monday, March 30, 2009

PLEASE Read This One :)

Please - yes I'm begging - read this post and pass it on to every single person you know. Awareness and information are our key weapons in battling every thing we come up against in our lives, and this topic is no different, but the consequences of NOT becoming aware and informed can be devastating.

I while back I was asked to write a guest post on Inflammatory Breast Cancer (IBC) for Seeking His Face.......In Everything. I jumped at the chance to put some information out there for whomever might be interested, and immediately agreed. Little did I know at that time I would, within a matter of just a couple of weeks, be facing yet another raging battle with this disease. I was suffering from what my doctors said was a respiratory infection and left ear infection. The respiratory infection cleared up in short order, but my ear got worse. It never hurt like you would expect from an infection, I just lost my hearing and had a lot of pressure. After about a week I started the difficult and emotional journey of reliving some of what I've been through in the past 6 years. It took me a while to put together in a coherent way because it WAS hard to look back and I wasn't focusing very well mentally.

I finally finished and will be providing the links here so you can read My Story and get a better feel for what IBC is and isn't. PLEASE keep this information and the links somewhere close by so you can share it with everyone!! This is not just another breast cancer - there is no rhyme or reason, it afflicts very young and very old, men and women. PLEASE keep it in your heart <3

If you've been keeping up with the last two weeks here, you know I've been having daily radiation to my base of my skull for a bone tumor that is compressing the cranial nerve. I currently have a near complete loss of facial muscle skill in the left side from crown to jaw. What a sight I am LOL Rads finish on Wednesday and then we wait a month for everything to work and see what's left of the tumor. In the meantime, I'm learning to eat without chewing up my tongue and drippling oatmeal down my shirt.

Here's my last plea to you (today hehe) PLEASE go to this blog and read the series of posts on IBC. Make yourself awareness and find the information that may help you save your life or the life of someone you care about. I love you all and lift you up to The Lord in prayer for health and peace, and the courage and faith to stand with your loved ones if ever you are faced with this disease.

Now, go on, read it!! xoxo

Part 1 http://seekinghisface2.blogspot.com/2009/02/monday-medical-awareness-inflammatory.html

Part 2 http://seekinghisface2.blogspot.com/2009/03/monday-medical-awareness-inflammatory_24.html

Part 3 http://seekinghisface2.blogspot.com/2009/03/monday-medical-awareness-inflammatory_4718.html

3 comments:

Carolee Hollenback said...

I will definately take a look at those links and watch for your story.

Still keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Carolee Hollenback said...

Congrats! Your blog was mentioned on my other blog, Bloggers Connect:

http://bloggersconnect.blogspot.com/

Check it out in the comments section!

Hopefully this will help bring more traffic to your site & your great cause!

Lynne Campbell said...

I am praying you are feeling better. I have had alot of traffic reading the posts but have not had comments....I wish I had more comments. This is so important...I will be reposting the articles from time to time and I hope everyone who reads this passes the links on the every woman they love to raise awareness.

Thanks so much for writing the article....you did a wonderful job!